Planning an event? I've already got your soundtrack!

Planning an event? I've already got your soundtrack!


The RIGHT music for ANY occasion!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Events open to the General Public

Most events that I or any other DJ do for a living are typically private or corporate functions, not accessible to anyone but invitees. However, I have 3 events coming up in the next few weeks that offer a rare opportunity to catch me "in the act", for free, in the great outdoors.


First up, on April 15, is a huge T.E.A. rally at the Pleasanton fairgrounds. I've never been a part of anything like this, so I don't quite know what to expect. One of the entertainers lined up that afternoon is Brian Bergondy (aka "The Conservative Kid"), a rapper/singer with a conservative message. For one of his raps, Brian wanted a DJ backing him up with some beats, so he contacted me out of the blue. I'll tentatively be joining Brian during his 15 minutes up on stage; the rest of the time, we'll be set up alongside lots of other vendors in a 10x10 booth. Brian has been gracious enough to allow me to set up there with an entertaining music mix (and gently push my business, of course!) of patriotic and pop songs, roughly between 2pm and 7pm.


A couple of weeks later, I'll be set up somewhere at CPC (Community Presbyterian Church) in Danville on the evening of Friday May 7. There's going to be a free concert there that evening featuring Jadon Lavik, and prior to the concert, an open-air BBQ. A similar event occurred last year with a different musical artist, with proceeds raised going toward summer camp scholarships (if I remember correctly). I'm tentatively going to be playing a tasty mix of music during the pre-show BBQ this year (late afternoon/early evening).


The following day, May 8, I'm tentatively scheduled to be playing music at the 34th annual "Jewelry, Fine Art and Craft Show" in the Alamo Plaza next to Yellow Wood Coffee and Tea. Each year on Mother's Day weekend, this festival draws 65+ artisans to Alamo - a really delightful location. I'm planning on being set up at Yellow Wood from about 10am until 2pm.


Please come on by to any of these events and say hello! If you're planning an event of your own, this is a great opportunity to meet me and see me in action in a relaxed environment.

No comments: