Planning an event? I've already got your soundtrack!

Planning an event? I've already got your soundtrack!


The RIGHT music for ANY occasion!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Events with Unique Themes

My previous post was about the Danville Fine Arts Faire. For this event, a handful of live musicians were hired to perform their own take on "world" music, lending to the artsy atmosphere along Hartz Avenue.

Along Prospect Avenue, where I was to be set up, there was Italian street painting (chalk artists), and at my end of the street, the organizers told me they wanted to create an atmosphere of being on the French Riviera. So in relatively short order, I was able to put together 5 hours of appropriate music ~ most of it already in my collection!

In several weeks, I've been asked to provide music for an event that's going to have a hodgepodge of activities (including some South American dancing?), and my job is to have some music with a western/cowboy theme. I wish you could hear some of the surprises I have in the nearly 2 hours of songs I've already compiled! Of course, there will be the stuff you expect, like Roy Rogers, Marty Robbins and Gene Autry, but my playlist will feature much deeper cuts than those.

Next weekend, I'm on tap once again to be the DJ for our homeowner's association's annual July 4 barbecue and pool party. In addition to the standard summer & party songs I'll be playing, I have literally hours of music appropriate for a patriotic setting - and not just marches, country songs about soldiers and flags, and 6 different versions of the National Anthem. So if you're aware of any political rallies, conventions, 9/12 gatherings or tea parties coming up, I'm the man you'll want to have there.

My point is, when I say "I've already got your soundtrack" and that I have "The right music for ANY occasion", I mean it. So plan something - think outside the box. Throw an idea at me. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the depth and breadth of what I come up with!

No comments: