Planning an event? I've already got your soundtrack!

Planning an event? I've already got your soundtrack!


The RIGHT music for ANY occasion!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weddings


I just recently completed back-to-back weddings on the same weekend, which is admittedly not that unusual, but these were just a few hours apart. The first was up at the Heirloom Inn, in Ione, CA (gold country). It's an 1800's-era home that's been turned into a B&B/wedding site. Quite picturesque! I didn't get to use my full range of lights, however, since previous DJs or bands there have blown a fuse in the old wiring! Oh, well. My friend, singer-songwriter Steve Kritzer, is the uncle of the groom - that's how I got the gig. Steve played and sang beautifully for the outdoor evening ceremony. Following that, all the chairs were moved, and that space was transformed into a dance floor! And for the next couple of hours after dinner, I was taking requests and getting people boogeying! Congratulations, Louis and Robyn!

The next day, I attended my 2nd wedding within 15 hours. Luther and Jana got married in a traditional morning service at Messiah Lutheran Church in Danville (Luther's father was the minister!). It was beautiful. Thanks to church members the Stame's for getting me this gig. After everyone went home for a few hours, some guests returned for an evening reception, which I feel went really well. The bride and groom had picked some great music, and I got to round it out with some fun song choices of my own!

No comments: