Planning an event? I've already got your soundtrack!

Planning an event? I've already got your soundtrack!


The RIGHT music for ANY occasion!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Holiday playlists


Whew! I'm not so sure there's any "not busy" time of year! Having said that, however, I've had enough of a lull in activities during the past week or so that I've been able to get some back-burner projects tended to.


Specifically, I've been rounding up all of the holiday music in my collection and gathering it under one "roof" in my laptop (I should say "roofs", since each holiday is getting it's own umbrella). The "Genius" feature in i-Tunes has been helpful, as have been the copious notes I've kept over the years. Now I can finally get rid of those scattered papers! Songs pertaining to St. Patrick's Day and Easter took no time at all to organize, but some of the major holidays took awhile longer.


What this means is that I finally have to look in only one place to see all of the music I have which pertains to a given holiday - for example, the 3 Christmas songs from the "Love Actually" soundtrack or the 1 Christmas song by Queen or The Eagles are all together now, ready for quick reference and play-ability at the next event.


So far, I've completed Halloween (a bit after the fact, but I've discovered I have plenty of music for more than 4 hours with no repeats!), Christmas (well over 300 songs!) and New Year's Eve (alot more than you'd expect, especially when you dust off old Timbuk 3 hits!). When I get my next scheduling lull, I'll do the same for patriotic and Summer songs.

No comments: